Heading out on a day Hike tomorrow to Robert's Lake in Florida's Big Cypress. I've hiked with these guys before and they go SUL because they know exactly what and where they are going. Last time I brought a hammock and rainfly and I never opened them up, The same for other food and supplies. This time we are looking at almost 8 hours on the trail with a stop for lunch.
The gear from right to left.
- sitting/kneeling pad
- 9oz hammock with webbing cinch straps
- head net
- SOL shelter
- SOL poncho
- fire kit - SAK, juke twine, dryr lint
- cook kit - Stanley with 1 cup, Olicamp ION stove, 4oz canister fuel, fero rod
- clothes - change of underware, socks, shirt
- food - poptarts, peanut butter bars, Mac n Cheese, mashed potatoes
- small folding chair
- saw (doing some trail maint.)
- DIY hydration tube
- first aid and water kit
- headlamp, whistle, compass
- cone hat
It's under 10 pounds but I think I can lighter. One thing I have not checked on yet is just how deep the water is where we are going. That would help me decide on the right pack. I could also leave the stove behind.