If I had enough time to experiment then there are a few things I’d want to do:
- Build a proper pipeline from NixOS, Nix, NixOps, Hydra
- Design and build a pipeline to include AppScale so that I can concentrate on application development instead of framework or pipeline
- Build a pipeline from Drone.io’s open source offering
- Build a go pipeline with CoreOS and a cluster of Raspberry Pi servers. ($35 a device and 10 servers for a CoreOS Cluster… fun)
- Design and build a Docker pipeline and framework.. I like the Apcera gnatsd docker/dockerfile build and the Apcera policy engine
- Micro services are interesting but a bit of a challenge when you consider the guest OS. Phusion is still creating fud
- etcd 2.0 has been released and CoreOS’ rocket, flannel, and appc are around the corner. They need to be investigated as I want to experiment with trust and a design I have for an HSM
- I like monitoring but there are so many heavyweight tools. Prometheus needs some investigation
- investigate Docker networks and VPNs including Docker swarm, machine
- Fossil instead of Git and hg.
- I’m tired of reading about languages like Nim, Lua, Ruby, Python
- I’d like to experiment with Kubernetes, Deis, and mesosphere/marathon
- TCL is at the core of fossil and SQLite. It’s worth experimenting
- Then there is finishing my installinator and flow based programming projects
There are a few more edge cases so let’s see where it all goes from here.
UPDATE: and then there is a lot of plan9 ideas I want to investigate.