Richard Bucker

ReactJS

Posted at — Aug 22, 2020

My DSL is starting to make some geniune progress. I still need to clean the code but that’s for later and maybe never. The bigger issue is the grammar. And that is progressing nicely. While MOST of the xlsx code and reporting feels to be ready… the next part is GUI. Since there isn’t a chance I’d like to deal with the complexities of X11 or Windows etc… I’m going the browser route.

As I just started watching a react tutorial I’ve just realized that I’ve wasted 20 minutes of a possible 2 hours. ReactJS depends on node and npm. There isn’t a single chance I would want that to be the first GUI engine regardless how fabulous Facebook is. I fully accept that somewhere deep in the dependencies there is a exploit that I do not want.

Nothing more to say… Moving on.